Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles
The Indian government has launched many schemes to address the economic and social problems of its citizens. From farmers to women, old-age to children, you will find one or the other schemes that support effectively.
These schemes have a major role to play in solving economic-social issues that beset the society of India. The awareness of such schemes is a must for any Indian citizen.
Introduction to Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles was launched with good intent. It was introduced since the year 2006. With this scheme, the Indian Government is encouraging professional and higher education for dependents widows and wards of CAPFs* & AR*.
CAPFs*: Central Armed Police Forces
AR*: Assam Rifles
This scheme was extended in the academic session 2019-2020. The government aided support for reliant Union Territories / States police personnel who were martyred in Naxal and Terror outbreak.
These dependent wards were martyred during the attack by Naxalites or terrorists.
Number Of Scholarships In Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles
The scholarship is given to the wards of CAPFs and Assam Rifles under PMSS. Along with renewal cases of the previous year, the scholarship is given for each academic year.
Eligibility Of Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles
- Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles personnel who passed in election or harness duty
- Disabled personnel’s ward who happened to be attributable to Indian government services.
- Widows and Wards of deceased C.
- Ex- CAPFs & AR personnel’s wards who are Gallantry awards recipients.
- Pursuing a first-degree programme in the following field can apply under PMSS. These courses are:
- Engineering Dental
- Medical, B.Pharma, Dental, and Nursing
- BCA, BBA
- B.Sc, MCA
- The new applicant must have a minimum of 60 per cent mark in 10+2/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent. Candidates who are applying under the renewal category must pass subsequent academic year courses. The minimum passing mark is 50 per cent. A grace period will be given if the candidate delays the submission of the application for scholarship renewal.
Duration of Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles
The duration of the scholarship is up to five years. Now, the scholarship fully relies upon the span of the course.
What Is The Amount Of the Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles?
- ₹3000/ month for girls
- ₹2500/ month for boys
Exclusions Of PMSS For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
- Applicants studying abroad.
- If the applicant changes the course or college and gets a fresh admission in the subsequent academic year.
- Applicants who are pursuing their courses through distance learning.
- If the student has the advantage of other things such as a stipend and financial assistance.
- If the student is already taking any advantage under the PMSS.
- An applicant not pursuing professional courses.
- Colleges/universities that are not approved.
How To Apply For Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles?
Applicants can go to the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Click here to apply.