Goods and Service Tax Network is entitled to act as a nodal agency for fulfilling all the IT backbone infrastructure requirement of GST. The GSTN Portal like GSP will be at the front-end of the GST – IT ecosystem for all the taxpayers across the nation. To enable much awaited Goods and Service Tax, GSTN invited application for becoming GST Suvidha Provider (GSP) under GSTN. Total 344 applications received by GSTN. And out of which only 34 applications selected which includes EY, Deloitte, TCS and Masters India etc. Now, 5 are out of this and only 29 remains as per GST website.
For many tax paying organizations, GST return filing directly through G2B portal may not be a very good option, because of complex structure and may not have any added value added services. For solving such complexities an enterprise could access same/additional features via third-party applications. These applications are going to be very user friendly and customer focused, they will directly connect with the GST filing system via secure API’s of GST System, which are available with GST Suvidha Providers. Developers of such tax solutions have been given generic names: GST Suvidha Provider (GSP) and Application Service Providers (ASPs).
GSPs and ASPs thus will have a critical role in rolling out GST in India. A GSP may be limited to providing access to the G2B portal. Whereas support provided by ASPs will extend much further and will address compliance difficulties of most taxpayer, by acting as a link between taxpayers across India and the GSPs.
ASPs will mainly focus on getting taxpayers’ raw data on purchases and sales and converting them into the GST returns. These GST returns, or GSTRs, will then be filed on behalf of the filer with GSTN via the GSP.
It is expected that the GSPs shall provide the taxpayers with all services mentioned above in addition to maintaining their individual business ledgers (sales ledger and purchase ledger) and other value added services around the same.
- GST APIs
- Challan Generation
- Invoice Uploading
- GST Return Filing
- Ledger Maintenance
- Consulting for GST implementation and other value added services.
Name of Selected GSP companies
- Alankit limited
- Bodhtree Consulting limited
- Botree Software International Pvt. Ltd.
- Cygnet Infotech Private Ltd
- Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu India LLP
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Excellon Software Pvt. Ltd.
- Hazel Mercantile Limited
- IRIS BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
- Karvy Data Management Services Limited
- Masters India Private Limited
- MothersonSumi infotech & Designs Ltd.
- NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
- RAMCO SYSTEMS LIMITED
- Reliance Corporate IT Park Limited
- Seshaasai Business Forms Private Limited
- Shalibhadra Finance Limited
- SISL Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Skill Lotto Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Spice Digital Limited
- Sugal & Damani Utility Services Private Limited
- TATA consultancy services Limited
- Taxmann Publication Pvt. Ltd.
- Tera Software Limited
- Trust Systems & Software (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Clayfin Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Velocis Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Vertex Customer Management India Private Limited
- WeP Solutions Limited