All About Aadhaar Seeding in Bank Accounts Using CSC
Common Service Centre (CSC) is a point where all the public utility is delivered. It is a PAN-India network, a great arrangement for the countries’ diverse communities. It empowers the government’s vision of a practically and digitally broad society.
With the help of CSC, you can link your bank to your Aadhaar number. This process is termed Aadhaar Seeding in Bank Accounts using CSC. Before delving into this, let’s know the agenda of CSC.
Highlights of CSC
Agenda of CSC
This programme is for rural citizens. With the help of CSC, public utilities are delivering in G2C and B2C. The CSC programme acts as a catalyst for rural change.
G2C: Government to Citizen
B2C: Business to Citizen
What is Aadhaar Seeding?
Aadhaar Seeding is the process in which the unique 12-digit Aadhaar number of the user is linked with their personal identification documents or benefits cards. Scholarship Cards, MGNREGA Job cards, LPG Consumer IDs, etc., are some examples of benefit cards.
It is a method through which Indian citizens’ Aadhar Number is included in the service provider’s database. In case the bank is a service provider during delivery, it enables the de-duplication of the database. The bank allows for Aadhaar-based proof.
The main agenda of de-duplication is to clean up the database for any ghosts or duplicate entries. It enables proof of Aadhaar without clashing with any other interface that the service providers manage for the customers.
We all know that the Aadhaar number is unique and doesn’t change within a lifetime. Therefore, it can be best used to transfer any payment to a personal. Earlier, the government needed many details such as IFSC code, bank account, etc. to pay an individual.
Through Aadhaar Number, the government can easily send payments. The 12-digit Aadhaar number becomes the game changer for the government. It reduces the administration’s burden.
CSC Programme Digital Seva Banking Services
- ICIC Bank BC
- Axis Bank BC*
- CSC Digipay Aadhaar ATM Latest Version
- CSC Benefit Account Plan NPS* Service
- New accounting opening
- CSC bank BC Registration Process
- Aadhaar UCL Registration 2020
- Car loan
- Credit Card
- HDFC Loan BC
- SBI Bank B.C.
- CSC Digital Services Service
- CSC Locator
- CSC Economic Census Services
- District Manager Mobile Number
- VlE CSC Profile Update
- CSC Insurance Service
- CSC certificate download
- Digital Services Portal CSC
- Lone Service CSC
- Common Service Centre Banking Portal / Bank BC
*BC: Business Correspondents
NPS: National Pension System
Some Other Services Provided through CSC Programme
There is a list of services provided by the CSC programme
- Banking-FD*, RD*, money transfer, e-KYC
- Insurance Services
- Pension Services
- Electricity Bill Payment
- PAN Card
- Basic Services
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate
Some Important Points
*FD: Fixed Deposit
RD: Recurring Deposit
CSC e-Gov Services Ltd. as an Authorized Service Agency
CSC e-Governance Services India Ltd. is registered as Authorised Service Agency and Authorised User Agency (AUA) with UIDAI. It focuses on e-KYC-related activities. All the centres are capable of performing the e-KYC transaction.
CSC’s Aadhaar seeding platform is unbiased. It has the following functions for Aadhar seeding with bank account.
- It has multiple touchpoints for Aadhaar seeding.
- CSCs are offering various services using e-KYC. All CSCs are capable to handle the Aadhaar Seeding.
- There are three options in the e-KYC service-Finger print/ IRIS/OTP.
- This platform has a unique feature. For Aadhaar Seeding, it takes online consent from the customer.
How can the Citizens Benefit from Aadhaar Seeding in Bank Accounts using CSC?
Some of the benefits for the citizens of India are-
- The banks update the details. The account is seeded with the help of an Aadhaar number, once the information is updated. So, it is easy for customers to get information about this process.
- Citizens can go to their nearby CSC location for Aadhaar Seeding.
- The CSC operator can easily verify the customer by using an Aadhaar number. After this, the operator enters other information. The operators provide the customer with a unique transaction reference number. This reference number helps customers to keep an account of their monthly statement.
Difference Between Aadhaar Seeding and NPCI Mapper?
Aadhaar Seeding is the process in which the unique 12-digit Aadhaar number of the user is linked with their identification documents or benefits cards.
The Aadhaar numbers are listed in the NPCI mapper repository and they are linked with particular banks. It is for routing Aadhaar-based payment transactions to the concerned banks.
The NPCI mapper contains the Aadhaar Number of the bank that has seeded the Aadhaar Number along with the IIN (Issuer Identification Number).
How many days will it take to for Aadhaar Seeding to a bank account?
The process of Aadhaar Seeding to a bank account may take 2 business days. After the completion of the process, you’ll get a confirmation SMS from the bank.
Can I go for online Aadhaar Seeding?
Yes, you can go for online Aadhaar Seeding. The Aadhaar Seeding with a bank can be done online as well as offline.
How do I seed my Aadhaar Number in NPCI online?
Go to the website of the NPCI. Choose the option ‘Request’. The next thing you have to do is to choose ‘Aadhaar Seeding’ from the dropdown menu. Your NPCI will link your Aadhaar Card in a few hours.
Can I do Aadhaar Seeding in my bank account?
If you want to seed your Aadhaar number and bank, visit your branch. Submit the filed customer consent form to the desired bank.