Easy Steps to Apply Online for a PAN Card
A PAN card, like Voter ID CARD or an Aadhaar card, is an essential document in India. PAN (Permanent Account Number) comes with a 10-digit alphanumeric number. It is an identification number provided to every citizen of India. This card serves as identity proof and is imperative for many business and financial transactions. So, it is essential to apply online for a PAN card!
All the tax-related details of an individual are recorded through this computer-based system. In layman’s language, it is a primary resource to store information. It is universal across India. Therefore, no two entities can hold the same PAN card.
With this single card, you can obtain all the records related to a person’s tax. An individual, firm, or joint venture can apply online for a PAN card. There is no capping set or a maximum limit on age. Hence, an individual of any age group can easily apply online for a PAN card.
To know everything about PAN cards and how to apply online for a PAN card, read this blog further.
PAN Card: Is it necessary?
Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman proposed in Budget 2019 that Aadhaar Cards and PAN cards will be interchangeable. But this rule is still not implemented. It means a PAN card is still mandatory for a large number of monetary and business transactions. So, apply online for a PAN card today and save yourself from turmoils because this document is required for various purposes.
Why should you apply online for a PAN card?
Since you need to perform various business and personal transactions like:-
- Open Demat Account for purchasing and selling shares
- Transfer/ Deposit/ Withdraw an amount of ₹50,000 or above from bank to bank
- For refund of income tax.
- Filing of Income Tax (IT) return.
- Opening an account in Bank
- Applying for loans
- Applying for a telephone or gas connection
- Buying or selling the property
- Making payments for insurance premiums
- Opening an account for a fixed deposit
It is possible to apply for a PAN card offline at different PAN centers & agents located across India. You need to fill 49A form and submit it offline or apply online for a PAN card.
But, why distress when you have tech-enabled convenience to apply online for a PAN card? You can quickly apply it online.
Required Documents to apply online for a PAN card
You can easily apply online for a PAN card if you have the below-mentioned documents:
- Passport-size photographs.
- Aadhaar card (Mandatory).
- Photocopy of Identity and Address proof.
- Demand draft/ Cheque of amount ₹93 (Inclusive of service tax) as a fee.
- You have to pay ₹864 (Including service tax) to apply online for a PAN card in case you have foreign communication address.
You can attach any one document as an Address proof/ Identity proof when you apply online for a PAN card.
- Documents you need as Identity Proof when you apply online for a PAN card
- SCL (School Leaving Certificate)
- Passing certificate of 10th
- Degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Statements of your credit card
- Recent Water bills
- Ration card
- Depository bank account statements
- Driving License
- Bank passbook
- Property tax assessment order
- Voter ID card
- An Identity Certificate signed by a Gazetted Officer/ Municipal Councillor/ Member of the Legislative Assembly or Parliament.
- Documents you need as Address Proof when you apply online for a PAN card
- Electricity bill.
- Telephone bills
- Credit card statements
- Bank passbook and statement
- Rent receipt.
- Employer Certificate.
- Passport scan
- Voter Identity card.
- Property tax assessment orders
- Driving License (Optional).
- Ration Card.
- Certificate of Address sealed by a Member of the Legislative Assembly or Parliament/ Municipal Councillor/ Gazetted Officer.
The documents enlisted above from the pointer (1-7) must be within the period of 6 months from the application date. The PAN card application will be rejected if you present the documental proof prior to this.
Please note that these documents are even necessary when you apply for a PAN card offline.
How to apply online for a PAN card?
- Click here to apply online for a PAN card
- Enter details like Circle/ Ward, Area Code, Range, etc.
- Mention your office details in your form.
- Submit the form. For this, hit the ‘Confirm’ button.
If you need any more information, contact Income Tax Office.
Fee and Payment Process to apply online for a PAN card
According to the ITD (Income Tax Department), you have to pay ₹93 (Excluding Goods and Service Tax) to apply online for a PAN card.
You can process the payment via Net Banking, Cheque, etc.
Do’s and Don’t when applying online for a PAN card
- Make sure to attest your thumb impression by a Notary/ Magistrate before submitting your PAN card application.
- Share the complete address. Ensure that all the contact information is accurate.
- Use Upper Case to fill in the PAN card application.
- Make sure the details that you share on the application bear the same details as the Address and Identity proof documents.
- In the columns of FIRST and LAST Name, avoid using initials.
Avoid applying online for a new PAN card in case your PAN card gets lost/ defaced/ stolen. You can raise a request for a duplicate PAN card.
In a conclusion!
A PAN card is nationally accepted proof of identity. It is also considered an important document when filing Income Tax (IT) returns. You can perform various personal and business transactions using a PAN card.
Apply Online for a PAN Card today in case you don’t have one!