How Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana Benefits Farmers?
Under the ministry of food processing industries (MoFPI), the central government launched a scheme for the period of 2016-20. As per the recent report, this innovative scheme will upgrade the food industry. From the period of 2021-2025, the scheme will set up two lakh micro food processing enterprises all over the country. In rural areas, the project will target the long-term growth of the food processing sector.
Under this umbrella scheme, the government added infrastructure development for food safety.
The SAMPADA stands for the Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-processing clusters. It got approved in May 2017 by the cabinet. Later the scheme was renamed as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY).
The scheme is a complete package that included 32 projects and 7 units. It is governed by the Union Minister of Food processing industries.
From farm gate to customers, it aims to create efficient use of supply chain management. While ensuring a steady revenue for farmers.
Let’s read about the objectives, fulfillment, finance allocation, and impact on farmers.
What are the Objectives?
- The main objective of this scheme is to add agriculture on a large scale.
- To modernize the process of agriculture.
- To connect Indian farmers with domestic customers and marketers.
- To ensure steady revenue to the farmers.
- To reduce wastage and increase preserved capacity.
- To increase food processing units with modern techniques.
- To leverage the lifestyle of farmers.
How did Schemes get implemented?
The following schemes are being implemented under PMKSY:
- FOOD QUALITY AND SAFETY ASSURANCE INFRASTRUCTURE
- To review the samples of food processed from units
- To monitor the quality and formation of food.
- To guarantee exports and imports of food.
- MEGA FOOD PARKS
- To ease the use of modern technology
- To verify the addition of agriculture-produced food. It includes fisheries, dairy, etc.
- To supply modern technology for food processing in the country.
- To ensure systematic work in retail and build a supply chain.
- To form a supportive supply chain of raw materials.
- BACKWARD AND FORWARD LINKAGES CREATION
- To enhance the better life of unstable agriculture. To provide a better price for farmers.
- To build forward and backward linkage for short-lived Agri-Horti of raw materials.
- To set up primary food processing centers at the front end.
- INTEGRATED COLD CHAIN AND VALUE ADDITION FRAMEWORK
- To provide financial support for horticulture and post-horticulture. It will manage to produce materials.
- To set up a combined cold chain and value addition framework from farm gate to customers.
- INSTITUTIONS AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- The scheme aims at finding end products. It will support and benefit food processing units.
- It will include adequate technology, product, and process development. This scheme will add value framework, improved packaging, etc.
- It should include various factors. For instance coloring agents, chemical impurity, defensive, and substances.
- These factors occur with sanctioned limits.
- INFRASTRUCTURE FOR AGRO-PROCESSING CLUSTERS
- To give modern technology to the farmers.
- To give combined and complete facilities of the framework. It serves from farm gate to customers.
- To provide a well-equipped supply chain with the linkage of groups of farmers/producers in the market.
- EXPANSION OF FOOD PROCESSING
- Modernize the process of increasing the value addition of food and reducing wastage.
- Expand the existing food process and add new units.
- Increase the shelf life of processed products through processing activity.
How does this scheme allocate Finance to the farmers?
The project advanced in 17 states across the country. PMKSY has allocated 6,000 CR. It is expected to support the investment of 31,400 crores. This financial allocation will handle 334 lakh MT Agriculture produced. It will value 1,04,125 crore and will benefit 20 lakh farmers.
As per the stats, it had generated employment conveniences. It would increase the investment of 406crores, a statement by officials.
How will this scheme Impact?
- This scheme will strengthen the food processing industries.
- The fulfillment of the scheme will promote a modern framework.
- It will promote huge employment opportunities to unemployed rural areas.
- It will increase the food processing level.
- It will enhance the export of processed food.
- This scheme will boost food processing industries.
- It will help in the convenience of processed food at an affordable price.