Know the Unique Points Related to Jan Dhan Darshak App
Jan Dhan Darshak App is one of the government apps that makes the life of Indian citizens easy. To know the functioning and need of this app, read this blog.
Things to Know About Jan Dhan Darshak App
It is a government-based mobile application that helps citizens check the banking infrastructure in India. This app provides an interface for the user to view the banking framework. This includes ATMs, Bank Mitra, post offices, and bank branches. The Department of Financial Services shared information.
Jan Dhan Drashak App: Background
The Department of Financial Services (DFS), Ministry of Finance and NIC have mutually created Jan Dhan Darshak. This mobile-based government app leads citizens to locate a financial service.
As the name suggests, the app acts as a mentor for the common people in searching for banking service touch points at the country’s given location.
Features of the Jan Dhan Darshak App
Some of the features of the Jan Dhan Darshak App are as follows:
- With the facility of a call button for combined dialling, phone numbers of bank branches open in the app.
- Users’ feedback directly goes to the related bank. The crucial updation in data is carried out as soon as the bank gets feedback.
- The voice interface and the option of searching places by their name are available.
- Search place by its name.
- Based on the current location (Branches/Post offices/ATM), you can find nearby financial touch points.
How does the App Work?
Jan Dhan Darshak App is a citizen-centric platform. It locates banking touchpoints. These banking touchpoints* are bank correspondents, branches of the bank, post offices, and ATMs in the country.
*(Touchpoints: Touchpoints are known as the channels through which the company and customers can come into contact)
This app uses Geographic Information (GIS) mapping system to inhabited villages that don’t have banking touchpoints within a distance of 5 km.
The uniqueness of this App
- It locates banks and helps identify other financial touch points like post offices, ATMs, common service centres, etc.
- Anybody can search touchpoints. The user has to mention the location in the app.
- The voice interface is also available to help users.
- The phone number of different bank branches with the facility of a call button is available on this app.
- Jan Dhan Darshak app has a unique feature like its feedback. The concerned bank deals with the feedback of the users.
Why is the Jan Dhan Darshak App in High Demand?
In this era, the citizens of India need a citizen-centric platform that can locate financial touchpoints. About 5 Lakh FI touchpoints (post offices, ATMs, bank branches) have been mapped on this app.
How to Access Jan Dhan Darshak App?
- Go to the Play Store. Type Jan Dhan Darshak App.
- Install Jan Dhan Darshak App.
- Once installed, open it.
- This application will ask you to permit access to the location. Click Allow.
- You’re ready to use this app.