What is Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra?
What is Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra?
Modern technology is an upgradation of old technology with new modification and addition. The continuous enhancement process has forced us to adapt or renew business models. As a result, it has created a skill gap. It is observed that the employees abilities do not resemble the abilities required by the employers.
On the contrary, the COVID-19 has widened the existing economic gap. It has highlighted the significance of skill development.
To provide industry related skill development, “Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana” was established. It is a flagship scheme of MSME.
The scheme enables all the Indian youth to take training from the PMKVYs center for securing a better livelihood.
Let’s read all about Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK).
What is Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)?
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship aims to set up a visible and aspirational model training center. This state-of-the-art center is called Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra. The purpose of the center is to modify India into the world’s skill capital country. These centers provide vocational training in all districts of the nation.
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the agency that implements the PMKK. This agency set up the center in all districts of India. These centers have the equipment that helps in high-quality, industry-driven courses. They focus on giving value that inspires them and the ability to get employment.
What are the objectives of PMKK?
The PMKK considers the following:
- Develop standard institutions. They will provide a desirable goal for skill development training. It will depend on the competency.
- Focus on quality, connection, and endurance with shareholders to provide a skilled process.
- Transform into a reasonable institutional model from a mandate-driven model.
What are the features of the PMKK?
- Every PMKK will have a training center of 3000sq.ft. to 8000 sq. ft. It will be on the basis of district population.
- Every center will require framework and regulation. It will help in internal and external branding.
- The centers of PMKK will provide courses for local youth aspirations. It will be on the basis of district population.
- The training center will have modern technologies like
- Smart classrooms,
- Dedicated labs,
- Biometric attendance, etc.
- The PMKK centers will provide assistance for
- Placement cell and
- IT communication.
- The centers will provide support for residence. It will be as per the guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana.
- The PMKK will follow PMKVY guidelines to provide necessary coaching in producing trades.
Which is the implementing agency under PMKK?
The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is the implementing agency under PMKK. It works as a network manager to set up the centers. The NSDC endeavors to provide the necessary support in MIS system, finance and TP Empanelment. It also provides other support like branding, content, etc.
The NSDC will provide loan support to legal entities. Further, these entities will set up the PMKK as per applicable laws & guidelines. The entities who want to apply for the center setup must fulfill the criteria. These entities can be a:
- Corporate, Trust, or society
- Training providers
- Industry Associations
- State Public sector undertakings & Public sector undertakings
What are the components of PMKK?
All the centers are required to have a standard brand name, design and dimensions. They must stand to the branding guidelines that are available on the NSDC website.
The NSDC will follow an approach based on clusters to allocate districts & set up centers. The training partners will be responsible to set up PMKKs in every district.
The center should be in a location where public movement, public transport and streetlights are available. In addition, any person can search the center on the NSDC website.
The attendance of all the trainees and trainers are recorded by using a biometric device. They should have an Aadhaar card to make a record of attendance.
All the centers must adhere to the scheme-specific guidelines which will be used to monitor and record attendance.
The PMKK structure is determined on the basis of three categories. They are-
- Category A- 3,000 sq.ft.
- Category B- 5,000 sq.ft.
- Category C- 8,000 sq.ft.
The center’s hostel facility will be determined on the basis of PMKVY guidelines or other MSDE schemes.
The PMKK will use the latest and advanced training tools. They are specified as per the Sector Skill Council (SSC). The centers will use the training equipment such as biometric attendance, smart classrooms, etc.
Every center will be verified for branding framework and guidelines agreement.
ROOMS FOR COUNSELING, PLACEMENT AND MOBILIZATION
The PMKK centers will have the following-
- Separate placement and counseling cells.
- Placement coordination with industry or employers
- Counseling of aspirants and parents, etc.
All PMKK centers must have one room that owns the facility of audio-visual equipment & internet. This enables the center to conduct visual training, industry webinars/seminars, etc.
Which are the different supports provided under PMKVY?
1. Capital Expenditure Support
- The NSDC will provide a secure loan of upto Rs. 70 lakhs per center at an applicable interest rate.
- The NSDC assistance will only be applicable for the set up of PMKK. No immovable property like buildings or lands are allowed for NSDC assistance.
- The NSDC loan will cover the following-
- Training framework that includes the purchase of machinery, equipment and plant.
- Civil work which includes prefab structure set up and up-gradation of existing structure.
- Help in training and applicable items.
- The entities that take loan from NSDC must repay the loan within four year from the loan issue date. It will include the one-year moratorium period.
2. Operation support
The PMKVY will have training members who will ensure the center’s continuity. As per common norms, the centers under PMKVY will have three years of training. The training is mandatory and is subjected to the center’s capacity and usage.
At present, skill development is necessary for every young child. It is all because of the increased demand for a multi skilled & skilled workforce. Not only this, the competition in firms, & industries has forced them to look for highly skilled employees. The Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra assists the Indian youth to develop skills.