About Broadcast Seva Portal
Earlier, stakeholders used to roam around the government offices to obtain licenses or permissions. With the launch of the Broadcast Seva (BS) Portal, they can do their paperwork online.
The government has introduced BS Portal to promote ease of doing business. It is a gift to broadcasters. This app reduces paperwork. The system will be more accountable and transparent.
If you have not heard About Broadcast Seva Portal yet, read all the information about this app in this blog.
About Broadcast Seva Portal
If you’re facing any problem in filing complaints related to licenses, permissions, registration, etc., Broadcast Seva Portal can help. BS Portal is an online portal that helps with the speedy filing of applications.
This was launched by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. Mr. Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of I&B and Youth Affairs and Sports, in New Delhi.
This web portal was launched to fulfill the mission of Digital India by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It encourages the PM’s vision of minimum government and maximum governance. The main aim of this portal is to boost the business environment and strengthen the entire broadcast sector.
Importance of Broadcast Seva Portal
- It will reduce the application processing time and help applicants check their progress.
- This portal represents the government’s commitment to ease of doing business. It will empower the field of broadcasting.
- This portal will establish a clear system for empowerment. It manages the Broadcast Sector.
- It will bring the perception of Make In India and Digital India initiatives.
- It’s a user-friendly web portal with an end-to-end solution.
- It will ease the procedure of filing new applications or making changes or payments.
- More than 900 satellite TV channels, 350 community radio stations, 70 teleport operators, 1700 multi-service operators, 380 private FM channels, and others will all benefit from it.
Some Services Offered by the Broadcast Seva Portal
- Application and process guidelines for setting up Community Radio Stations.
- Database of institutions- Community Radio Stations, HITS Operators, DTH Operators, MSOs, News Agencies, Private FM Channels, Satellite TV Channels, Teleports, TRP Agencies, etc.
- Instructions for the application and registration process for multi-system operators.
- Guidelines for applications and the temporary uplink of live events.
Payment of Annual Permit Fees for Teleport and TV Channels.
How can I access Broadcast Seva Portal?
- To access Broadcast Seva Portal, go to the official website.
- Click the ‘Sign In’ button in the website’s top-right.
- Read the instructions that are given on the left-hand side.
- Type your name in the drop-down box.
- Write your password.
- Then, type the code shown and press the ‘Login’ button.
There are two options at the bottom of this page: Forgot Username and Forgot Password. You can reset it in case you forgot your password or your Username.