All About Atal Pension Yojana for VLEs
All About Atal Pension Yojana for VLEs
Atal Pension Yojana (APY) is a National Pension Scheme (NPS) for Indian citizens from the unorganised sector. It helps senior citizens settle their future by earning a fixed amount. In the period of 2015-16’s Union Budget, this scheme was passed under the supervision of Finance Minister, Mr Arun Jaitley.
This Scheme is administrated by the PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority) under the NPS (National Pension System).
According to this scheme, the payee can get a minimum pension between ₹1000 to ₹5000 per month. The money you’ll get totally depends on the contribution you have made. An individual can obtain a pension of ₹1000, ₹2000, ₹3000, ₹4000, and ₹5000 after they reach 60 years of age.
A person under this pension scheme can earn a lifelong monthly pension from 60. This scheme also helps CSC/ VLE to achieve a great commission through CSC Pension Distribution in the village areas.
Read this blog to learn about APY and how it allows VLE to earn a commission.
The Goal of the Atal Pension Yojana
The main goal of this scheme is to ensure that no citizen of India in their old age needs to worry about livelihood or sudden problems such as illness or accident.
This scheme is a great relief for people from the unorganised sector. It also entertains private sector employees. Those remote sector employees who will not be getting any pension can be a part of this scheme.
About CSC VLE Workshop for Pension Vitaran Centre
All necessary training and guidelines for setting up Pension Vitran Kendra in each Gram Panchayat are given in a workshop. CSC organises these workshops.
Available Pension Services at CSC
- Online Application for Pension Scheme
- KYC (Pension Verification)
- Jeevan Praman Patra
- Status Check
- Pension Cash Withdrawal
Available Pension Schemes at CSC Pension Centre
- Widow Pension Scheme
- Disabled Pension Scheme (Disability Pension Scheme)
- Old Age Pension Scheme
- National Pension Scheme (NPS)
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Shram Man Dhan Yojana
- Kisan Man Dhan Scheme
- National Family Benefit Scheme
- Other State Pension Schemes
The Benefits of Atal Pension Yojana
There are several benefits of the Atal Pension Yojana and they are:
The Atal Pension Yojana benefits the spouse of the contributor. In case of the death of a contributor, the pension is handed out to the spouse who is the default nominee.
If the contributor dies before completing his 60 years, the spouse can continue the APY account or close the account.
The main benefit of the Atal Pension Yojana is retirement. The monthly pension is fixed on the basis of contributions made. The different pension amounts are ₹1000, ₹2000, ₹3000, ₹4000, and ₹5000. The amount of contribution for these pension amounts is different.
Through APY Pension Scheme, the government is giving tax benefits to the contributors. It helps to lower the taxable income of the subscriber.
Age Limitation for Atal Pension Yojana
Any individual who is above 18 years and below 40 years of age can invest in APY. A college student can contribute to this scheme for a better future too.
Atal Pension Yojana for VLE
- The schemes like APY, PMJJY, and PMJSY are listed in the service section of CSC.
- Operators Logs in using single sign-on into the service portal.
- Service (Jan Suraksha Yojana) shall be selected by VLE/ CSC operator from the list of services.
- VLE/CSC needs to fill a one-time registration form. These details will be used for commission payments to VLEs/CSCs.
- VLE/CSC operator shall select the required Scheme registration link.
- VLE has to in fill the Aadhar number of the subscriber and choose the mode of authentication.
- As directed to the Aadhar authentication page, VLE takes consent from the subscriber and captures his/her fingerprint on the biometric device to proceed.
- Details like Subscriber Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Aadhaar Number, and email ID will be fetched from UIDAI Server directly. Other details like Spouse/Nominee name marital status, etc, will be entered by VLE and then the form will be submitted.
Recent Update Realetd to Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
According to news published in DNA, more than 5 crore people have signed up for the APY for this scheme so far. Around 1.25 crore people have signed up for APY in 2022 only.
As per the data of PFRDA (Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority), a noticeable growth has been seen in the enrollment of women in APY. The number of women increased in the year 2022. In 2022, it was 38% which became 45% in the next year.
So it is better that you also take the step for Atal Pension Scheme and enjoy the benefits.