How To Update Your Aadhaar Data?
It is very essential to update those Aadhaar cards that are old. The UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is insisting people get their Aadhaar updated if it is 10 years old. Aadhaar updation is not only in favour of an individual. But, it helps the Indian Government to avoid fraud.
On the myAadhaar portal, you can modify your Aadhaar. This is the online method. For offline procedures, one can visit their nearest Aadhaar centre.
Updation of Aadhaar Data: Why It Is Essential?
You must update your Aadhaar data. Some reasons why you should update your Aadhaar data are mentioned below:
- To take advantage of different government and non-government schemes.
- It helps to maintain accurate data in government records.
Updating your Aadhaar Address is important when you relocate to a city or state.
List Of Few Things To Update Your Aadhaar Data
You can update the following things in your Aadhaar:
The demographic details comprise information such as Name, Gender, DOB, and Address. DOB (date of birth) can be modified only once. You can update these details online as well as offline methods.
It contains information such as Fingerprints, Photographs, and Iris. You need to visit Permanent Enrolment Centre for this. When the children reach the age of 5-15 years, you can apply for the biometric update.
Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre to update the number in your Aadhaar. Mention the mobile number in the form and submit it.
You can also link your Aadhaar with your mobile number through an online method. Visit the Indian Postal Service Website.
Where Should You Go To Update Your Aadhaar Data?
Go to the Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP). You can update demographic details online. Aadhaar Address updation is available online too. You can’t choose an online mode for biometrics.
Process of Aadhaar Updation
There are two ways through which you can update your Aadhaar Data:
A. Online Method To Update Your Aadhaar Data
- Go to uidai.gov.in
- Go to the ‘My Aadhaar’ option. Click ‘Update Demographics Data and Check Status’.
- The website will be forwarded to myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/. Use your credentials and Log in.
- Enter your Aadhaar number. Type the captcha code.
- Hit the ‘Send OTP’ tab. You’ll receive OTP on your mobile number.
- Now, click ‘Update Aadhaar Online’.
- An instruction will appear on your screen. Read them. Click ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Select the date and click on them. To update your address, upload the latest address proof.
- Submit the request.
- After this, the payment portal will be displayed on your screen. Pay the charge accordingly.
B. Offline Method To Update Your Aadhaar Data
You can visit these centres with all your document to update your Aadhaar data:
- Permanent Enrolment Centre
Applicants can visit the permanent enrolment centre. Search the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre on the official website of uidai.gov.in. Go to this website and click on ‘Locate Enrolment Centre’.
- UIDAI Runs Aadhaar Seva Kendra
You can also go to the Aadhaar Seva Kendra which is run by UIDAI to update your Aadhaar data.
What are the Service Charges you Need to Pay to Update Your Aadhaar Data?
The service charges for your Aadhaar Data are as follows:
- If there is a need for mandatory biometric updates for children between the age of 5-15, it is free of cost.
- You need to pay ₹50 (Inclusive of GST) for any type of demographic update.
- You will be charged ₹100 for the biometric update. This will be inclusive of GST.
- In the case of biometrics along with the demographic update, you will need to pay ₹100. It is inclusive of taxes.
- An update of more than one section on a single instance is considered one update. It will be covered in one charge.
To know more about Aadhaar, you can read our other blogs on the same. You can also check for these: