Parivesh Portal: A Single Window Project for a Green and Clean Environment
The theory of Digital India has brought many changes in our style of living. It had reduced the use of paper as well as cash. It helped and still helps to manage the records online. Not only this, it has brought an evolution in different government apps. This is true. Many apps are launched in various fields to digitise India.
One such app is Parivesh Portal. It is a single-window app for environmental, forest, and wildlife issues. If you’re curious to know then read.
Parivesh Portal Stands For
R: Responsive Facilitation
IV : Interactive and Virtous
A Brief Insight into PARIVESH Portal
It is a role-based and web-based application. It was introduced for monitoring and online submission of proposals related to forests, the environment, and wildlife.
Through this portal, the government keeps track of proposals that include online submissions. It is a single-window system for the Central, state, and district levels. It boosts the chance of doing business responsibly.
Background of PARIVESH
The core reason for the establishment of PARIVESH is Digital India Programme. Prime Minister, Narendra Modi introduced PARIVESH on World Biofuel Day. World Biofuel Day is celebrated every year on the 10th of August.
PARIVESH was developed by the Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change. The National Informatics Centre (NIC) manages this portal technically.
Some Highlights of PARIVESH
The below-mentioned cases are applicable to all types of clearances.
- Single registration and single Sign-in are needed. For example, you need a single Sign-in for the environment, wildlife, and forest.
- Unique IDs are needed for a particular project.
- A single-window interface is required.
- It offers a structure to bring economic growth and development.
- It helps to improve the capacity and performance of the whole appraisal process.
- It tracks scrutiny officers and interacts with them.
- In case of delays, this portal generates online mailers, clearance letters, and alerts.
Features of the Parivesh Portal
- It is available 24×7.
- You can access it from any PC that has an internet facility.
- It helps User Agencies submit proposals related to forests, wildlife, and the environment. It is a role-based workflow application.
- Double-check the delays in the process of clearance.
- To help management in better monitoring.
Benefits to Citizens
- Users must deal with ‘Single Registration’ and ‘Single Sign-in’.
- Users require Unique-IDs for a specific project.
- The Single-window interface allows the proponent to submit applications for each or every kind of clearance.
Objective of Parivesh
- To enhance transparency, efficiency, and duty in the forest, the environment, and the wildlife clearance process.
- To reduce turnaround time for activity.
- To promote the convenience of citizens and businesses in accessing services.
- To obtain real-time information and boost interest in the work.
- To achieve standardization in process across regional and state levels.
Acts Related to Forest, Environment and Wildlife Clearance
- The Compensatory Afforestation Fund Act, 2016.
- The Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972, as Amended in 1993.
- The Wildlife (Protection) Amendment Act, 2002.
- The Wildlife (Protection) Amendment Act, 2006.
- Forest Conservation Act, 1980.
- Forest Conservation Act, 1988.
- National Green Tribunal Act, 2010.
- The Environment (Protection) Act of 1986, was Amended in 1991.
How do I Login PARIVESH Portal?
- Go to the PARIVESH Portal.
- On the right side, you will find the option to Log in from the Registration and Login option.
- Press the Log-in button. A page will open.
- Enter the User ID and password. Then, write the captcha from the given options.
- Hit the Log-in button.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Is Aadhaar Authentication compulsory for registration on Parivesh Portal?
Yes, to register yourself in the PARIVESH portal, Aadhaar authentication is compulsory.
Can the user change their password in Parivesh Portal?
Yes, the user can change their password in Parivesh Portal. For this, the user needs to Log into the PARIVESH portal. Go to the dashboard. The user will find the “Change Password” option after clicking on the drop-down list icon on the left-hand side.