What is BHIM Aadhaar Pay?
BHIM stands for Bharat Interface for money. This app processes transactions using UPI in an easy way. It is effortless to use. You can pay and collect funds with a UPI ID or phone number.
BHIM App facilitates businesses/common man to receive digital payments from consumers/second parties through Aadhaar Authentication. Read more to know about BHIM Aadhaar Pay.
BHIM Aadhaar Pay: Background
On December 2016, Prime Minister launched BHIM Aadhaar Pay App to process transactions. This app was named after the Dalit leader Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar.
This is a notable step in the journey of India’s economy. It allows businesses to reach easily to their customers across the country. This app is available on Android phones. iOS users can also access the BHIM app.
Some Points Related To BHIM Aadhaar Pay
- You can link the 12-digit Aadhaar number to your bank account.
- Android smartphones that have strong internet connectivity support the OTG port to connect the biometric scanner.
- The STQC-certified scanner is important to approve the customers for directing transactions.
- Download the BHIM-Aadhaar Payment App. (You can load this app from the Play store or the App store).
How To Use BHIM App?
Some easy steps that will guide you to use BHIM App:
- From Google Play Store/App Store, download the BHIM app.
- This app is available in 20 languages. So, choose your language.
- Choose a SIM card with the same number that is linked to your bank account.
- To enter the app, set the application passcode. It is mandatory.
- From the option given “bank account”, connect your own bank account.
- Set your UPI PIN. For this, you need to give the debit card’s last six digits. Also, provide the debit card’s expiry date.
- Tab on Send option and enter your UPI ID.
To pay, you can scan the QR of the receiver. To check the balance, enter the UPI PIN.
Stuffs One can do with BHIM Aadhaar Pay
If you’re a merchant, you can make transactions via this system. People can pay for funds with the help of Aadhaar numbers to purchase things. Users can track their transaction’s status.
Some more things that you choose to do with BHIM Aadhaar Pay:
- Send and receive money instantly.
- One App for all payments.
- You can complain or raise queries easily.
- Scan and pay.
- Generate static and dynamic QR codes.
- UPI ID can be used for subscribing to an IPO.
Authentication and Security
The BHIM app is built with three-level of authentication. That’s why this app is trusted. The three-level of authentication consist
- ID or mobile number
- Bank account
- UPI Pin
Who Should Install BHIM Aadhaar Pay App?
Since this app is used to pay or receive money anyone can install this app. Merchants can also use this app to pay or receive money for their goods and services. Merchants include store owners, shopkeepers, and other businessmen.
If you want to pay with this app, connect your Aadhaar to your account. You should download Aadhaar Pay. Use a scanner to accept payments from customers from Aadhaar-linked bank accounts.
Where can I use BHIM Aadhaar Pay to pay?
Customers can pay with BHIM Aadhaar Pay at all merchant locations where it is available.
The merchant enters the customer’s details and the amount on BHIM Aadhaar Pay App. After selecting the bank, customers have to provide their biometrics on the Merchant App.
Is BHIM Aadhaar Pay accessible on all mobile phones?
BHIM Aadhaar Pay is not available for all kinds of handsets. This app is for Android phones (The Android version should be at least 4.4). It is also available for the Operating System iOS 9.0 and above.
Is there a limit for a transaction?
You can send up to ₹100,000 per transaction and a maximum of ₹100,000 a day for a single account. Depending on the bank, the limit varies.
Can I pay without an internet connection on BHIM App?
Yes, you can pay without an internet connection on BHIM App. You just need to dial *99# from your mobile phone.
When you dial this number, a screen will appear with some options. These options include sending money, checking your balance, or seeing transaction history.
The difference between UPI vs BHIM
BHIM App is a government app that is linked to your bank account directly. BHIM app is believed to be the most trustworthy app in India. This is also because you can process transactions without internet connectivity. It has three-level authentication.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
How can a Merchant become eligible for Incentive Scheme?
To become eligible for the Incentive Scheme of BHIM, the merchants need to register his/ her device via Micro-ATM/ POS, mPOS, Kiosk/ Tablet/ Mobile Handset.
What is the Incentive received by Merchant on BHIM Aadhaar Pay App?
The incentive received as a business on BHIM Aadhaar Pay App is ₹2,000 per merchant monthly (maximum amount). On every BHIM Aadhaar transaction, an incentive of 0.5% of the transaction, valued up to ₹10,000 with a minimum incentive of ₹2 and a maximum incentive of ₹50 per transaction is given.