Pradhan Mantri KISAN Samman Nidhi: Beneficiaries for Farmers
Under the PM Kisan scheme and leadership of Prime Minister Narender Modi, Pradhan Mantri KISAN Samman Nidhi was inaugurated. The central government has started crediting installments to the crores of farmers around the country. The plan was launched in February 2019.
The scheme has benefitted numerous farmers. As per the scheme, the farmers will be credited Rs. 6,000 in their accounts. This plan is under the flagship of the central government. Till date, the centre has provided Rs.1.57 lakh crore to the farmers who registered themselves under this scheme. This year by December, the 10th installment will be credited to crores of farmers.
The government of India provides 100% funding. Through this plan, PM helped many farmers. The benefits are divided into three parts. All you need is the necessary documents to apply for this program.
Let’s read the objective, eligibility, details required and categories excluded.
The main objectives of the PM Kisan scheme:
- The main aim of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi is to provide financial needs. It aids all the small and marginal farmers and ensures healthy crops and proper yield. As per the expectations, this scheme will provide higher farmer income at the end of each crop cycle.
- The scheme protects the farmers from getting into the trap. It protects from moneylenders. This scheme meets expenses during farming activities.
- The scheme’s objective is to uplift the farming process. It assures monetary support and improves the quality of crops each year.
- The main vision of the scheme is to increase farmers income. To hold landholding farmers families in the country. It takes care of the expenses of agriculture activities. At the same time, it fulfills the needs of the household.
- The amount of Rs.6000 will go directly to the farmer’s bank account.
The Benefits and Eligibility conditions of the PM Kisan scheme:
- The farmers of the marginal and small category of two hector landholding are eligible.
- Those who uphold 83% of total farming get more benefits. The higher household farmers will get fewer benefits.
- The scheme supports all farmers families holding up to two hectares of cultivated land.
- Later from June 01, 2019, the scheme expanded its range to cover all farmer families. It ignored the size of the land.
- North-Eastern states have special provisions wherein land possession claims are community-based. Jharkhand and Forest dwellers whose land records are not updated are restricted from transferring the land.
- Farmers can purchase seeds, foods, and crops through this system.
The Exclusion Categories under the PM Kisan scheme:
The below categories of high economic does not get benefits under this scheme:
- The farmers of landholders who uphold the formal land.
- The categories of farmer families who belong to any of the following:
- Present holder and formers of the sanctioned post.
- All the retired employees of central/ state government. All serving employees in offices, departments, and ministries.
- The present or former state or central ministers.
- The present/former ministers of Rajya Sabha/Lok Sabha, state legislative councils.
- The present chairmen of district Panchayat.
- The central or state PSE’s field unit.
- The regular employees of local government bodies and autonomous institutions.
- All retired pensioners who got 10,000/- monthly pensions. Multitasking staff, class IV, and Group D employees are excluded.
- People who paid income tax in the last year.
- All the professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, architects, or CA’s. Those who are into non-government bodies and under practice.
The Details required to avail the beneficiary under the PM Kisan scheme:
- To avail benefits of the scheme, the participant should have an Adhar card. It should include all the details about particulars. This includes name, date of birth, address, and category (ST/SC).
- The owners of the land with verified documents.
- The bank details are required to avail of the benefits of the scheme.
- The detailed Adhar card must be linked to the account of PM Kisan. If not, then there will be no benefits of the service.
If you have more queries, then login to pmkisan.gov.in. It is the PM Kisan’s official website.