What Are The Different Pension Schemes For Old Age People In Assam?
People wait for their retirement so that they can relax, spend moments with their families, and live a delighted life. But, ageing can be difficult due to challenges like health or financial issues.
India was known for family support for elders previously. But, the nuclear family culture has become part of our society. This results in a lot of physical, emotional, and financial anxiety in elders.
Several elderly people face serious financial problems. As per a report, India’s ageing population can grow by more than double that of the general population.
The Indian government launched the ‘Atal Pension Scheme’.
Another such scheme is ‘The Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme’. But, it covers only those people who fall under the BPL category. The need for improvisation was felt and thus the government introduced other senior citizen pension schemes.
In this blog, we’ll know the Different Pension Schemes For Old Age People In Assam.
Different Pension Schemes For Old Age People In Assam: About Assam Old Age Population
Among the North-Eastern states, Assam has the highest number of senior citizens.
The state government introduced different pension schemes for old age people in Assam. They are
- The Universal Old Age Pension Scheme for APL/BPL Ration Card Holders
- The Kushal Konwar Briddha Pension Scheme
1) The Universal Old Age Pension Scheme For APL/BPL Ration Card Holders
One of the Different Pension Schemes For Old Age People In Assam is the Universal Old Age Pension scheme.
This scheme was introduced to help old people during their retirement period. It was launched on 2nd October 2018. Both the APL and BPL category people are eligible for this scheme.
Eligibility Of Universal Old Age Pension Scheme For APL/ BPL Ration Card Holders
If you stand on these criteria, you can grab the benefits of this scheme:
- The applicant has to be a resident of the State.
- An applicant must have either an APL or BPL card.
- The age of applicant’s age should be or above 60 years.
- All senior citizens whether they are members of any caste, religion, community, or financial status can apply for this scheme.
- The beneficiary’s family income should be less than 3 lakhs per annum.
Documents Required For This Scheme
You can get the benefits of this scheme when you submit the form. To fill the form and complete the process, the applicant needs these documents:
- Certificate of Income
- Adhaar Card
- Proof of Residence
- APL and BPL card
- Bank Details such as Account Number, IFSC, and branch of the bank.
2). The Kushal Konwar Briddha Pension Scheme
Another scheme of the Assam government is the Kushal Konwar Briddha Pension Scheme. This scheme is expected to cover those who have APL or BPL ration cards and are above the age of 60 years.
The government introduced this scheme on 2nd October. This scheme was named after a known freedom fighter of India, Kushal Konwar. He was originally from Assam and was hanged during the Quit India Movement.
Eligibility Of This Scheme
Only those people who are above 60 years and are residents of Assam are eligible for this scheme. Some omissions of this scheme are as follows:
- Any taxpayer whose income is above INR 2.5 lakhs
- Parents of government employee
- Those who are beneficiaries of any existing government schemes
How Can One Apply For The Kushal Konwar Briddha Pension Scheme?
One can easily apply for this scheme! Take the help of Gram Panchayat/ Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Town Committee/ Development Block.
Apply offline as well as online for this scheme. It’s your choice! Along with the basic details, you need to provide the bank account details, and identity proof.
Once the process of submission is done, you will start receiving an amount that is stated in the scheme.
Note: In case you need any help, contact Gram Panchayat.
Some More Points About This Scheme
- With this scheme, the government tries to help only senior citizens.
- On the first day of the month, the beneficiary gets the amount of the scheme in their bank account.
- This scheme is expected to cover 15,000-20,000 senior residents in every constituency.
It’s good that you take the benefits of the pension scheme to secure your retirement period. You can also become financially independent with GST Suvidha Kendra®. It will be the best earning opportunity for senior citizens. Age is not a boundation.
You can earn a constant amount if you have basic computer skills. Your Income is in your hand! Hard work can make you earn a lot.